Saturday, September 20, 2014

Joan's Touch Vintage Challenge

Good Morning Ladies,
I did not get a chance to blog yesterday. It seemed to be a long week. I am not up to par quite yet.
I did get up at 4:30 this morning and start creating my card for Joan's Touch Vintage Challenge.
You can see and enter the challenge here http://www.joanstouch.com/
The requirements this week are as follows:
Do a vintage theme
Distress the edges
Add several layers
Here is the link to Joan's Gardens http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
And here is my card.....
 First I should explain that Barn Hunt is a dog competition. This card started with the Darice embossing folder. It is perfect for barn hunt. The brown layer of cardstock covers the card base. Next is a green layer that I distressed with my scissors being that I have lost my Tim Holtz distressing tool one more time. I then added the embossed layer. It is natural card stock underneath. I sponged brown Memento ink over it to make the rats stand out better. The rat stamp is from La Blanch stamps. This stamp was purchased at Joan's Gardens. It is stamped on La Blanch paper and is colorized with Tim Holtz distressed ink in the colors of Vintage Photo, Old Paper, and Pumice Stone. Tim Holtz products can be purchased at Joan's Gardens. The edges of this panel were inked and torn. The dog was cut from a piece of cardstock in my stash. A small tag was sponged with Tim Holtz distressed ink and barn hunt was handwritten with a white paint pen. Kitchen string was tied to it. The rolled roses were created using a Sizzix die and Graphics 45 paper. A black flatback flower and a pearl sprig was added to the flower grouping.
A close-up of the embossing folder image. 
 A close-up of the flowers.
This is the inside sentiment.
Glad to have Joan's challenges back!! Thanks Joan!!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, your card is so cute. Love all the layers and the different ideas you used on it. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com