Saturday, February 22, 2014

Joan's Touch challenge lady

Good Evening Ladies,
I have been in a creative slump lately. I didn't realize how much Joan's challenges kept my juices flowing. I also have realized how much those challenges kept me in touch with the other challenge takers. I do dearly miss it. So when I saw that Joan had a challenge for us I was so excited. http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/02/challenge-for-this-week.html This will certainly fill the gap until Terri starts the challenges back at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
 Joan's Touch challenge  lady
So the requirements for this weeks challenge are as follows...
Use pink
Use black
Use a lady
Use a bow
Use something that can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
So without further ado here is my card...
I decided on hot pink for my pink. Just seemed to be a bright and happy color to brighten up the dreary winter we are still having. I chose my lady first. Of course she has a dog with her. The image is from Great Impressions. I colorized the image with Prisma pencil, gamsol, and Copic markers. She was then hand cut. I then decided that she needed to be presented on a die-cut. So I grabbed for an old favorite I purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/  The die is from Cheery Lynn and is number DL103 Italian Flourish. Black cardstock backs this doily die. I layered pink check under the black. I created my bow with sheer polka dotted ribbon. This bow has several loops. I learned how to make these bows in grooming school. It has come in handy for card making also. To the bottom of the card I added roses that I created with a Sizzix rolled rose die. A black pearl sprig peaks out from behind the roses.
A close-up of my lady. The inside sentiment reads Get Well Soon so I can harass you in person again. This sentiment is from River City Rubber.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, your card is so beautiful. Love the colors, cute lady and wonderful design. Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com