Saturday, August 4, 2012

Third Coast Challenge Some Yellow

Good Morning Ladies,
I should be gone herding today, but I am feeling under the weather. So it looks like I am stuck inside on this wonderful day.
I created a card for the new Third Coast Challenge Some Yellow... here is the link so you can enjoy the entries or enter yourself.... http://tcrschallenge.blogspot.com/2012_08_01_archive.html
The challenge is anything goes but include some yellow....
Here is the card I created....
 To create this card I started with La Blanche paper and a cactus stamp in two sizes from Third Coast Rubber Stamps. I stamped the large cactus once and the small cactus twice with Memento ink in black. I colorized the images and the background with Tim Holtz Distressed ink using pen nibs and sponges. I went to my charm boxes looking for a coyote charm. When I started my search and found a lizard charm and an armadillo charm I knew that was exactly what this card needed. The lizard was perfect to fit on the large cactus. I tied double twine at the bottom. I added a nature saying to the top right corner.
 The lizard...
The armadillo....
Third Coast stamps are so fun to work with. One image can evoke many creative thoughts!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, thanks for joining Third Coast challenge. Hope you feel better soon.

Virginia said...

I love your use of yellow in this card!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Gorgeous!!! Great entry into our current challenge at Third Coast Creative Challenges! Good luck and thanks for playing ;0)

Leigh S-B
Third Coast Challenge Coordinator and Designer
tcrschallenge.blogspot.com

bonniebluedenim said...

Great card, I love the charming desert creatures!