Sunday, August 5, 2012

The House That Stamps Built Color Challenge

Good Morning Ladies,
I went out to my garden yesterday after the storm and lo and behold there was the first ripe tomato in my garden. I brought it in sliced it and ate it. It was so yummy! I am looking forward to more ripe tomatoes.
I was not well yesterday. So the most I did was sit and create. I created a card for The House That Stamps Built Color Challenge
You can visit the challenge by clicking here.... http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/designers-choice-challenge/dcc81-color-challenge/
The challenge is a color challenge
Black and White and one other color.
Here is my entry....
 To create this card I started with a Repeat Impressions image. I colorized this with prisma pencil and gamsol. I then cut it using a spellbinder die set. I cut a second mat in red. Then I got to work on my black and white elements. I made flowers using a Cheery Lynn Designs die set. I cut two layers for each flower using black glitter card stock and white glitter card stock. I curled the petals and stacked  them adding a pearl for each center. I used a cheery lynn designs die to accent the flowers with a leafy swirl. Black and white floral dsp is the layer on top of my card base.
 A close-up of the flowers.
The leafy swirl.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Mmmm...fresh tomatoes! Great card, the red is so much fun against the black and white! Hope you are feeling better...Thanks for participating in our DCC Challenge at The House That Stamps Built!