Friday, August 24, 2012

TCRS Altered Domino Challenge

Good Morning Ladies,
Well the air is back on. It was so nice having the windows open and enjoying the fresh air. I did quite a bit of creating yesterday.
I worked on the challenge over at Third Coast Rubber Stamps. It is a TCRS Altered Domino Challenge ... you can view it here http://www.thirdcoastchallenges.com/2012/08/tccc3-week-2-of-altered-dominoes.html
I have never altered a domino....can you believe it? So I set right to work yesterday. I created two and thought I would show you both. I used the same image on both, but different colors. Here is the result...
 This is the pin I like best. I retrieved my alcohol inks and started working. I dropped three different colors of blue directly onto my domino. I then added a couple of drops of blending solution onto my colors. I stamped my polar bear image from Third Coast Rubber Stamps on bristol board and hand cut it out. I applied crystal laquer to the back of the bear and attached him to the domino. I then covered the whole domino with crystal laquer. I quickly dropped diamond dust and micro beads into the crystal laquer to create ice. I let this dry and attached a pin back to the back. Shown in the lower photo.
 My pin back.
 This is my second pin using the same method only different colors.
The back of the second one.
I loved this technique and the domino art. What fun! I have a whole box of domino's to alter. New domino creations will be forth coming.
Thanks for the challenge Third Coast!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Those are both wonderful. I love how you used the same stamp and achieved such different results.

valscraftings said...

Love the blue colouring on your domino and the cute chappie! yes its amazing how one can get different results from the same stamp just by changing the colours!

Crafting Queen said...

They are both wonderful. Love the vibrant colours in the second pin. Thanks for joining the Third coast Challenge.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Both are wonderful!! Thanks for playing with us in the TCCC#3 Altered Dominoes Third Coast Challenge! http://www.thirdcoastchallenges.com/

Leigh S-B
The Sharpie Domino Queen and 3rd Coast Challenge Coordinator
DominoARTblog.blogspot.com
LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com