Sunday, March 31, 2013

Joan's Challenge Fill It With Flowers

Good Morning Ladies,
Happy Easter!
I took a trip to Joan's yesterday and came home with a bag full of goodies. Stamps, dies, and paper. It was so good to see Joan. She is always an inspiration. So happy! Always smiling! When I leave there I feel wonderful!
Now on to Joan's Challenge Fill It With Flowers. You can see the challenge here... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/03/this-weeks-challenge_28.html
I e-mailed Joan the other day to see if the challenge had to be a card. Her answer was no make whatever you want. Thanks Joan.!
The requirements for this week are:
Use some kind of container
Fill it with flowers
You must use something sold at Joan's (no problem there...lol)
Use yellow, green, and orange.
Here is the project I came up with...
 I had this galvinized  bucket in my craft room for a long time. I don't know what project I had in mind when I purchased it. That idea is long gone from my brain. LOL It was perfect for this challenge. I filled the bucket with coarse excelsior. My rolled flower choice was one of the cutie dies from Cheery Lynn Design dies. I purchased this die from Joan. I rolled the flowers double using orange and yellow cardstock. I also made some single colored ones. Green leaves peak out from under the flowers. They are cut using the Cheery Lynn leaf trio die. I also purchased this from Joan. A bird is perched in the bucket among the flowers. I used a spellbinder die set to cut the mats for the butterfly on the front. Bakers twin circles the bottom of this bucket. Back to my stash to look for something to make a tag with. I found just the thing. A round circle price tag ...the old fashioned style. Its metal rim matched the bucket perfect. It was white, so I colorized it with orange Copic marker. I then stamped the happy mother's day sentiment on it and attached it to the bucket with the same baker's twine. Below are more views of this project.
 More of a front view to show the butterfly.
 A top view of all the flowers.
 A close-up of the tag.
 Here is the baker's twine at the bottom.
A little closer look at the flowers.
Thanks for another great challenge Joan and Selma
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

5 comments:

Pssequimages said...

I think ENVY is a F O U R letter word. I wish SO much I could meet Joan and see her store, and enjoy her workshops! So THRILLED with your project--couldn't be cuter! I just love the Mother's Day bucket of cheer. What are the dimensions of this?

Ginny B said...

Awww.... this is so cute, and I love the little bird on top. Sure wish, like Priss, that I could meet Joan and just spend time in her store, too. Oh, my! That would be so fun. You did a great job on this challenge. Such a cute, happy little bucket!

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, your bucket container is adorable. What a nice Mother's Day gift.

It was great seeing you and Judy Saturday. Sounds like you are the envy of Priss and Ginny. Wouldn't it be fun to all get together.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challege.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Paula Huiras said...

Love this. The flowers are really neat and love the bird too. Really creative project.
PH

Unknown said...

Lori, Just love your bucket nest of flowers, and of course your bird is adorable!! You did a wonderfully creative job!!!
Thanks for sharing your lovely talents,
hugs
Donna