Friday, September 14, 2012

Joans Challenge Stair-Step Card

Good Morning Ladies,
It's Friday! Looking into the weekend I think it will be a nice easy laid back one. Sunflower fest is this weekend here in La Porte, IN. I may take a trip in to town and see what is offered this year.
To start my day off today I am bringing you a card for Joans Challenge Stair-Step Card . You can check out the challenge here.... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/09/this-weeks-challenge_13.html
The challenge requirement is to make a stair-step card. The rest is up to you. I love this challenge as I love stair-step cards.
So here is my card......
 This is a center stair-step card. I will start with my back step. For this step I cut a screen door in red from Cheery Lynn. You can get this die from Joans. You can't see it in the photo but I backed it with acetate to create a storm door. I attached a Christmas wreath to the door. For my next step I stamped a schanuzer on bristol board and colorized him with Gamsol and Prisma pencil. He was then cut out and popped up on this step. On the front I cut a banner from a Spellbinders die set and stamped the sentiment Happy Holidays. I colorized this with Prisma pencil and Gamsol. My trees are from my trip to the auction. They are sculpted and finished with a glitter flock.

A different view of my card showing the steps.
Thanks Joan and Selma for another great challenge!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

6 comments:

Gail said...

Very creative card! I like it! Especially that door on the card! Great job!

Joan Fricker said...

Great job Lori. love how you did the door. You did a wonderful job on coloring your dog too.
Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge. hope to see you soon!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh Lori this is AWESOME!! Since this was my first time making any type of Stair Step card, I love the variation you have used. Can you let me know the measurements ... I'd love to give this one a try too!
SOOOOOO cute with the door & the doggie!! You are so clever girl!
HUGS
Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Gloria Carme said...

What a great card! Te design is really cute. Great job!

Memaw said...

Lori,

You nailed it again - Very awesome card. Love it
Judy

Selma said...

You are so creative Lori. This is a fabulous stair step card. Love how you created your door and that dog is the cutest! Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.