Saturday, February 11, 2012

Joan's Challenge # 5

Good Evening Ladies,
I am posting later than usual because I finished my card around noon. Then it was off to a pampered chef party at one. I'm back home and have been messing around. Then I thought hey I better post that card for Joan's Challenge # 5.
The link is http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/02/this-weeks-challenge.html
The challenge was as follows
A spring card
Colors of Blue and White
Some type of lattice
And a bird
Here is my card.....
 For this card I used a bird stamp and saying from Lindy's Stamp Gang. This bird looks like he has had a long journey from the south and as he flies in he asks is it spring yet? He was stamped on bristol board and then colorized with prisma pencil and gamsol. I hand cut him out. My lattice die-cut is from Cheery Lynn that I purchased at Joan's. The flowers were created using punches and gel spots from Kaiser. My background paper has clouds on it. It also had sunflowers in the right bottom hand corner with blue stems and leaves. I covered the sunflowers with blue flowers. My vine with leaves is a sizzix die. I need to pick up at least one vine with leaves when I am at Joan's next. The bottom border is a Martha Stewart border punch with braid covering the bottom. The saying is stamped on a spellbinder die and accented with liquid pearls from Joan's.
A side view of my card. I used pop dots to pop up the bird, flowers, and saying.
What a wonderful challenge this is. It made me go back and use the wonderful trellis die. And now that I remember I have it there will be more cards to come using it.
Thanks again Joan and Selma!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

5 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Soo cute Lori and so fitting for today's weather. Brrr it is cold.
Love that bird.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Selma said...

What a cute Spring card. The bird makes me smile. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for joining us with another beautiful card in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Nan G said...

Very cute card! Love that poor bird. He looks soo bedraggled! Love your layers Roo!

melody2542 said...

What pretty colors! That will brighten up anyones day. I would love to see that in my mailbox. lol

Unknown said...

Lovely card Lori, and that bird is too cute!!! just love it.
Thanks
Hugs
Donna
Love your dogs shades!!