Friday, November 4, 2011

Joan's Challenge Gift Box Mini

Good Morning Ladies,
It's Friday already. Boy is time flying by.
I have created for Joan's Challenge Gift Box Mini. http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2011/11/this-weeks-challenge.html
The challenge is
■ Use Selma's new technique for creating a box
■ Use a ban around the box
■ Use Christmas Paper (Graphic 45 if possible)
■ Decorate the pull off band.
Here is my take on the challenge....
 I created my box with last year's Graphic 45 Christmas paper, Christmas Past. When I was out at Joan's I only bought the 8 by 8 pad of the new Christmas collection. This project required the 12 by 12. My band was created using a piece of matching green cardstock and red cardstock that I punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I decided on the angel tag from the same paper pad and layered her with the same green and red as the band. For my topper embellishment I created a bow using gold wired ribbon. This bow looked so bare on this box. So I took a cue from the angel on the tag and backed the bow with feathers like her wings. For the center of the bow I added a cream colored angel button with gold trim. I took the shank of the back to create a flat back.
 I just love feathers. I think they dress up or add fun to any project. The angel is just divine.
Graphic 45 paper is so beautiful. I just love it. Next time I will remember to get both the 8 by 8 pad and the 12 by 12 pad.
Thanks Joan and Selma for another fun challenge. Now I can give gifts in style!
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

10 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Gorgeous!!!

Selma said...

I agree - this is gorgeous. I really like the added feathers. Thank you for joining us in this week's challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Rita said...

What a fantabulous luxury box. I just love what you have done. Hugs Rita xxx

melody2542 said...

Very pretty! Will there more of these boxes made for gift giving?

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, great box and I bet Melody hopes she gets a gift in it.
I also love the feathers and they are really in right now. Great job!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for the weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Gorgeous gift box love the addition of the feathers. Your dog is beautiful too what breed is he ?
Marilyn

Georgei said...

very beautiful box I to like the feather that you added

Mrs. Swandog said...

Marilyn, My dog is an australian Shepherd.

Nan G said...

Gorgeous! Love the feathers!