Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas Poinsettia Ornament

Good Morning Ladies,
I had a lazy kind of weekend. Sometimes we need these to recharge. It is Monday and I am ready for the world.
I'll get right down to the newest creation...
Christmas Poinsettia Ornament
 This is a double sided ornament, but what ornament wouldn't be. The base of this ornament is a paper mache' ornament. I love working with these. They give you a nice flat surface to work with. Perfect for stamped images, die-cuts, well just about anything! To start I painted the whole thing with silver metallic paint. I added a country house die-cut from Memory Box cut in a white pearlized paper. It does not show well in the photograph but has just enough shine. I then added the holly leaves and berries. The poinsettias are stamped and embossed in silver. These were then hand cut. The image is from a Heartfelt Creations stamp set. To the top of the ornament I added a crystal do dad.
 The other side of the ornament features a bigger size of the same stamp set.
This is a view of the edge of the ornament to which I added red glitter ribbon all the way around. This gave it a nice finished look.
The die and stamp set was purchased from http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
The other do dads came from Hobby Lobby. In fact I spent quite a bit of time at Hobby Lobby just walking around looking at things and letting my mind go wild. Check out the bridal dept. there...so many treasures.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

melody2542 said...

UUUWWWW AAHHHHH. LOL
This is simply gorgeous!!
Are there any for sale on ArtFire?