Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Reindeer In The Forest Christmas Greeting Card

Good Afternoon Ladies,
When I got up this morning I had no internet. So I created instead. Not a bad thing. I have many pieces I must turn into cards. I need to find more time. LOL
Here is a card for you today....I call it Reindeer In The Forest Christmas Greeting Card
 This card was created using the masking technique. First I stamped the reindeer in dye ink. I then masked him with eclipse tape. (I love that stuff!) Then the tree scene was stamped. I used a grey prisma pencil and gamsol to create shadows in the snow. The trees were colorized with a green prisma pencil and gamsol. I added white stickles to the trees to create the snow. For the snow on the ground I used liquid pearls in white. This works like a charm and is easy to draw lines with. I used three layers of dsp. The middle layer is punched with a Martha Stewart punch set.
For the inside of the card I used this fun saying and embossed it in silver. Two layers of dsp finish the inside.
The outdoor woodsy feel is perfect for my friends who have field dogs. At any rate I feel this is a manly card.
Off to dog training..
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

melody2542 said...

Nice scene. I like the trees and snow. Another good one...