Monday, September 26, 2011

An Old Fashioned Christmas Poinsettia

Good Evening Ladies,
I guess you never know when I will post these days. Could be anytime of the day or night.
I received an order from scrapbuck today. Got some cool stamps and a new die set. Can't wait to play with those. Christmas seems to be in the creating air. You know we must get those card done now or we won't have them to send out by Christmas.  So I have been working on it.
Here is a new Christmas car for you. An Old Fashioned Christmas Poinsettia ...
 This card was created using the poinsettia set from Heartfelt Creations. This set can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/   I stamped and embossed this stamp set in gold on maroon card stock. I hand cut the pieces out and curled the petals. I used Tim Holtz distressed stickles in straw. The vintage image is by Inkadinkado. I stamped these vintage girls on La Blanche paper that you can also get at Joans. This image is colorized with Tim Holtz distressed ink. A gold metallic pen was used to create the right hand corner. Above the window straw stickles was applied to create snow in a vintage sort of way. This panel sits on top of two layers of dsp. To finish this card off I added maroon lace to the top.
A view of the 3-D poinsettia flower.
If you are missing a color in the distressed ink pads and the store is out of the color you need....you can use a reinker in that color. Just pull the eyedropper portion out of the bottle and touch your pen nib to the shaft. It will pick up just enough color to use.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

melody2542 said...

Very Old Worldy. I love it!