Sunday, March 27, 2016

Gel Press First Art Journal Spread

Good Morning Ladies,
Happy Easter!!! The sun is bright this morning. Looks to be a great day.
My project for today is Gel Press First Art Journal Spread
Yes I took the dive and started to art journal. The Gel Press made me do it. LOL
So this is my first two page spread. I am using the Dylusions large art journal. Do I know what I am doing? Mostly not, but I had a lot of messy fun. My third pull from the Gel Press is always with deli paper so far. So I thought what do I do with that piece of background? It hit me...Art Journal! The center piece of this spread is that 3rd pull from the Gel Press. I laid it down with US Art Quest Perfect Paper Adhesive. PPA for short. I use a baby wipe to clean up the Gel Press and tools I use. I saved it of course and said why not use that too. So I cut it up into four pieces and added that next. I painted the background with my fingers with acrylic paint.  The panel with the ladies on the sea is an image from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. The panel is watercolor paper. They were stamped in Archival and colorized with watercolors. It was laid down next. The words by the sea are from a Graphics 45 pad. The Just Be is from a CTMH clear set. For the final step I took a Dylusions stencil and stenciled the circles in with my finger and acrylic paint. This piece was too much fun.
A close-up of the words.
 A close-up of the ladies.
A close-up of the baby wipe and the deli paper.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: