Thursday, March 31, 2016

Gel Press and French Fries Art Journal

Good Morning Ladies,
There must have been quite a bit of rain last night. There has been some this morning. The dogs came in with muddy paws. Oh what a mess!
The project for today is Gel Press and French Fries Art Journal
So this is my second two page spread ever. Hopefully I am getting the hang of this. I do know I am having fun. The background was the inspiration for this spread. It was created with the Gel Press. I used yellow and orange Dylusions paint on the Gel Press. I then used a comb to put lines into the design. I used the packaging from the new combs I bought to impress the square designs into the Gel Press. This was a third pull using deli paper. I am loving the deli paper pulls. With the added paint from the brayer lots of strong color gets pulled in. I finger painted the background journal pages with the same yellow and orange. This time I laid the deli paper down with Yes paste. Oh yes before I glued the deli paper down I used a Diane Wakley stencil and glimmer mist to create the honeycomb pattern. The french fries in the boxes, the single french fries, as well as the sentiment are from The Stamps of Life. 
A close-up of the sentiment with a sketchy box around it.
A close-up of the french fries.
A close-up of the a single french fry and the honey comb pattern. They have sketchy lines around them.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: