Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Lion

Good Morning Ladies,
Happy Tuesday! This will be the last day for me to post for a few days. Windy and I will be leaving for a dog show. Of course I am take some stamping stuff with me to see if I can get anything done while I am gone. You just never know.
My card for today is Happy Birthday Lion ....
 This card was created using the cute lion from Whimsy Stamps. He was stamped on Bristol board and colorized with Prisma pencil and Gamsol. He was then cut using a spellbinder die set. I wanted to showcase this lion so I kept the card simple with bold colors. He was matted with orange and white dot dsp. This was off set on a mat of yellow glitter card stock. I had not tried double knotted ribbon before but it seemed to fit this card just right. It was easier to do than I thought it would be. The two ribbons are just enough apart in size that it show both well. Buttons in yellow and orange were added to top this card off.
This is the inside of the card featuring the same die cut shape in yellow and orange.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

1 comment:

melody2542 said...

Yellow, buttons and ribbon my favorites and of course the lion is adorable! Thanks for the inspiration.