Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Joan's Gardens challenge #19 wedding

Good Evening Ladies,
I know I have not blogged, but I was at a dog show for 4 days. I had a good time. And work was extra busy today. I wanted to get in on Joan's challenge and I did get a card done tonight.
Joan's Gardens challenge #19 wedding
The requirements are...
Use a wedding theme
Use some kind of flourish
Use rhinestones or pearls
Black and White only
You can visit the challenge and see all the entries here... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/05/this-weeks-challenge_24.html  
I took a look around and I really don't have wedding stamps. So I had to create a wedding card. Now with the requirements Joan and Selma came up with...well it helped me to create a wedding theme card...
Here is my take on this weeks challenge....
 I used my new Cheery Lynn die that I ordered from Joan it is the Spring Flower Burst Doily die as my focal point. I used the angel wing it came with to back it. I am loving this die! I used a spellbinder die to cut my sentiment out. The corner flourish and the butterfly die is also from Cheery Lynn purchased at Joans. The rolled flower is cut from a Memory Box die...also from Joan's. I added a black pearl sprig to the flower. I used white pearls in two different sizes to accent this card. I love the black and white theme it really makes the card pop!
A side view of the flower and butterfly.
I found this challenge to be fun and out of the box. Thanks Joan and Selma for another great challenge!
Now I am off to bed...
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

5 comments:

Memaw said...

Very cool card Lori
That flourish is one I love as well
Enjoy summer

Unknown said...

wow beautiful card and like the saying
got one beautiful butterfly
there

Joan Fricker said...

Lori, beautiful card. I love how you used the flourish and your new die. Great job!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge!!
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

granny said...

what a beautiful card and the saying is perfect

melody2542 said...

You outdid yourself on this one sis. Thanks for the inspiration.