Sunday, May 20, 2012

Child's Get Well

Good Morning Ladies,
I am on the fly this morning as I have a full day. I did take time to sit down and create this morning.
My card today is a Child's Get Well card.
I guess we don't think to make get well cards for children. Maybe it is that we don't want to think of children being sick. But a nice heartfelt card to a child may well brighten their day. So here is my take on a child's get well soon!
 This card was created around the little girl in her sleeper image. The image is from Whimsy Stamps. I colorized her with prisma pencil and gamsol. I used crystal laquer on her zipper. She was hand cut. This is a gate fold card. For my background paper I used the butterflies from the Graphics 45 tablet Little Darlings. The sentiment is stamped on a die from a spellbinders die set. My rolled flower is from a Memory Box die with the leaves being from a Cheery Lynn die. The flower backing is cut from a Cheery Lynn die. Rhinestones on the sentiment die top the front of this card off.
 This is the card opened up. You can't see it but I just ordered dies from http://www.atjoansgardens.com/  In the package she added a surprise item, a pack of little velcro dot closures. They were perfect for this card to keep it together in the front. You can purchase all the dies I used on this card at Joan's.
A close-up of the corner dies cut with the new Cheery Lynn dies I received from Joan's yesterday. Yes...I put them to use right away.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: