Sunday, May 4, 2014

Joan's Challenge #11 altered

Good Morning Ladies,
I had a wonderful time at the dog show yesterday. Dude was expertly handled by Beth and came home with a BIS. It was awesome! I am going back for another round today. But before I leave I want to post my last entry this week for Joan's Challenge #11 altered
You can see and join in the challenges here http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/04/challenge-11.html
The requirements for the challenge this week are as follows:
Make an altered art project.
Use an item the can be purchased at http://www.atjoansgardens.com/
I have really enjoyed this weeks challenge. This is my third and final entry for this week. I want to thank Joan for the wonderful challenges and Terri for all the wonderful product she stocks.
So here it is.....
This journal started out life as a composition book. The very last photo is of the naked composition book. This is one of my favorite things to alter. My go to paper again this time was Graphics 45. This time it was the French Country 12X12 pad. Graphics 45 can be purchased at Joan's Gardens from Terri. The sunflower background was added first. Then the chicken strip at the bottom was added. For the focal point of this journal I cut a mat out of brown. Next was a piece of tan textured cardstock. I stenciled using the new Memory Box Texture Chicken Wire stencil using vintage photo distressed ink pad from Tim Holtz and sponged it over the stencil. The stencil is #88535. I purchased this at Joan's Gardens from Terri. I love these stencils! Next was my new Rooster die set by the Frantic Stamper. I purchased this die at Joan's Gardens from Terri. The main body is cut from the same tan textured paper as the stenciled background. The top layer is cut from rust cardstock. The postcard from the pad was placed over the stenciled piece. A ribbon down the spine creates a bookmark for this journal. Feathers were added to the bottom of the ribbon to follow the poultry theme. 
 A closer look at the front of the journal.
The side of the journal showing the ribbon bookmark.
The back of the journal.
 The blank composition book.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog


1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

What a great change on the book Lori. Love that paper and you did an excellent job with it all.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com