Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Time for new things

Good Morning Ladies,
We are now in the year 2011. Wow time flies when you're artful. I was sitting here this morning thinking about entering challenges. I hopped on over to Somerset Studios to see what kind of upcoming challenges they had. Here is a link to those challenges. http://www.stampington.com/submissions/  I have said over the years that I was going to enter one of these challenges. This is the year I am going to make good on that. I don't know when but I will do it. I have a feeling once I start I will do more than one. Give this some thought and give it a whirl yourself.
 Over at the Creative Paper Artist Blog our challenge this month was a tag of resolutions. As you see mine is dog related. I created this tag using a chipboard scallop for the base. I used acrylic paint in two colors to transform the chipboard. I stamped and embossed different dog show images and added them. I tore brown paper, inked the edges and wrote my goals for this year. Rhinestones seemed to be fitting here. I added ribbon and fiber for the tassel. I will display this in a spot in my home where I will see it every day, so as not to lose sight of my goals.

January is a good time for me to spend lots of time in my creative cave. I am not the cold weather lover some are. So I get a lot finished in January. This is also a great month to have my creative friends gather at my house and have some fun. So instead of being a long wait till spring, it becomes the cold weather retreat.

Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: