Wednesday, June 24, 2015

VLVS Hello Zombie

Good Morning Ladies,
Yesterday was a beautiful day weather wise. All of summer should be like that. But then variety is the spice of life.
The card for today is VLVS Hello Zombie
Sometimes you just have to play and play I did.
As I have said before I am trying to use everything I have. I found a small box of unmounted rubber that had been stashed away that was brand new. The zombie image from VLVS ( Viva Las Vegas Stamps) was in this box. I didn't even know I had a zombie stamp. What a find. It was stamped on Bristol paper. It was then colorized using water color crayons and then hand cut. I then had to create a background for this stamp. I don't know if what I did next is conventional or not. I wanted to use the tree stencil by Crafter's Workbox. I stuck the stencil to a piece of adhesive sheet from Scor-tape. Gilding flakes from Creative Expressions were applied to the sticky part of the sheet. I pulled the stencil off. Not an easy task to do. This left the trees sticky so I applied Black Hole Art Institute glitter to the tree sticky. The embossed piece that grounds the Zombie was a die cut created using a die set from Spellbinders. It is from the gilded collection. The tombstones were cut from a Spellbinders set using gold metalic cardstock. The Hello sentiment is from the Stamps of Life. The shadow was cut from a scrap sheet of Scor-tape. Cosmic shimmer flakes were used on the shadow.
 A close-up of the zombie.
 One of the tombstones.
The other tombstone.
A close-up of the sentiment.
This is the inside of the card.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

No comments: