Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fun with Heartfelt Creations

Good Morning Ladies,
I am up and posting early today. Sleep did not come along so well last night. I have no reason why.
I have been stamping with the Heartfelt Creations stamps and die I bought at Joans Gardens. Here is her web address.... http://www.atjoansgardens.com/ She does mail order and only charges what it costs her to ship. If you want Heartfelt Creations she is your go to gal.
So here is a sample of what I have been creating.....
 I used the daffodils stamp set and the matching die-cut. The daffodils are colorized using Prisma pencils and Gamsol. I then cut them out using the matching die-cut set. I layered them as you can see in the side views below. The mat edge was created using the Martha Stewert double loop corner and edger punch set. The orange doily was cut using a Cherry Lynn doily die (you can also get this from Joan). I attached the doily with US Art Quest matte PPA. This is another product I dearly love and recommend.

Side view of the layers and the popping.
The doily dies are so delicate and pretty. They cut on any die cut machine. I used my cuttlebug. This company also makes a metal shim that can be used with any die cut or embossing folder for a shim. No more folding a piece of cardstock to add as a shim in your machine. This shim comes in two sizes.
With the weather turning cold this weekend I suppose I will play some more with my stamps, inks, and dies.
Happy Scraps,
Mrs. Swandog

2 comments:

CG said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! Love that orange doily. The cut and layer work is great...I love daffodils!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Lori, that is really something!!
Really, there is a macing die for the daffodil stamp? Now that is awesome. (But I do not have a die cut machine). Anyway, You flowers are darling--you put a lot of time in to this card. I like the black bling on the big daffodil.